News & Insights
ABA 2021 Virtual Litigation Section Annual Conference
Winning Commercial Cases Before Trial: Advice from the Experts
May 5-7, 2021
American Bar Association
LIVE ONLINERegister Now →
The American Bar Association Litigation Section Annual Conference is the premier event for litigators. The conference will take place virtually May 5-7, 2021 and is expected to attract more than 500 attendees, including in-house counsel, judges, academics, and legal professionals, showcasing the Section’s dedication to helping litigators become the most effective advocates for their clients by sharing the very latest in trial skills, litigation strategy, case management, and practice advice.
On May 6, Beck Redden partner David J. Beck will present on a breakout panel titled “Winning Commercial Cases Before Trial: Advice from the Experts”. This program will provide practical guidance and strategies to succeed in commercial cases prior to trial, focusing on maximizing the effectiveness of each pre-trial stage of litigation. Topics will include investigation of the case, choosing the proper forum, dispositive motions, selection of experts, depositions and other discovery, provisional remedies, and ADR strategies.
- Robert L. Haig, Kelley Drye & Warren LLP, New York, NY
- David J. Beck, Beck Redden LLP, Houston, TX
- Van H. Beckwith, Halliburton Company, Houston, TX
- Hon. Edmond E. Chang, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, Chicago, IL
- Mary-Olga Lovett, Greenberg Traurig LLP, Houston, TX
- Harry M. Reasoner, Vinson & Elkins LLP, Houston, TX
- Patricia Lee Refo, Snell & Wilmer LLP, Phoenix, AZ
- Reginald M. Turner, Clark Hill PLC, Detroit, MI