Whether on paper or in the courtroom, Marcos Rosales loves telling his clients’ stories.
He represents individuals and businesses in all types of complex civil litigation with a breadth of experience in oil and gas disputes, catastrophic personal injury and wrongful death litigation, professional negligence matters, shareholder and securities disputes, director and officer liability, and trusts and estates litigation. Having previously served as senior vice president and general counsel of a diversified holding company with operations in multiple industries, Marcos employs his real- world business experience along with his engineering training and attention to detail to advocate for his clients.
Marcos’s love for advocacy extends beyond the courtroom, too. He serves on the board of directors of the Houston Urban Debate League, an organization that has worked to make the academic activity of debate available to students in Houston’s urban high schools with the end goal of getting students into and out of college with degrees. Closer to home, Marcos also serves on the Leadership Council of Texas A&M University’s Association of Former Students.
- Obtained a unanimous jury verdict for a national real estate brokerage firm in a breach of contract lawsuit. The firm client facilitated the sale of real estate, but was denied its commission. After a three-day trial, the jury returned a verdict awarding the full commission, and attorney’s fees were also awarded. The judgment was upheld on appeal.
- Obtained favorable verdict as lead trial counsel for individual in plaintiff’s personal property and breach of contract dispute. The Harris County jury returned a verdict awarding actual damages, punitive damages, and attorney’s fees. The case was settled on favorable terms after the district court entered judgment.
- Prosecuted multiple Class C misdemeanors for the State of Texas through the Houston Volunteer Prosecutor’s Program, including more than a dozen jury trials.
- Obtained dismissal for individual lawyer in professional negligence/breach of fiduciary duty litigation. Marcos briefed and argued the issue to the trial court which then dismissed the defendant for lack of personal jurisdiction.
- Obtained prompt and favorable resolution in theft of theft of trade secrets dispute. Marcos obtained a temporary restraining order within days of the theft of a confidential customer list by a former supplier turned competitor. With a temporary injunction hearing looming, and after expedited discovery was conducted, the defendants acquiesced to all relief sought. The case was settled on favorable terms with stolen information being returned or destroyed without the need for additional litigation.
- Defending international energy company in numerous royalty disputes. Litigation pending in state courts, federal courts, and one federal MDL.
- Represented multiple defendants in shareholder oppression/breach of fiduciary duty litigation. Allegations included improper freezeout and dilution of plaintiffs’ interests and wrongful entrenchment by management.
- Represented former officer and directors of Fortune 500 company in defense of breach of fiduciary duty, fraudulent transfer, and preferential transfer claims arising out of failed bank.
Honors & Awards
- Named in Best Lawyers in America “Ones to Watch” in Commercial Litigation, 2021
- Recognized as a “Rising Star” in Civil Litigation: Defense by Thomson Reuters Super Lawyers – Texas, 2020
Professional Activities & Memberships
- Director, Texas Young Lawyers Association
- Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation
- Fellow, Houston Young Lawyers Association
- Houston Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Director, Houston Urban Debate League
- Representative at Large, Texas A&M University Association of Former Students Leadership Council
July 30, 2015
January 1, 2021
August 8, 2020
January 1, 2020