Amy Parker Beeson maintains a diverse, civil litigation practice focused on the representation of energy-industry clients involved in high-stakes commercial disputes.
Amy has extensive experience defending natural gas and power marketing entities against allegations of market manipulation and related trading violations; refiners against product liability and environmental contamination claims; and upstream oil and gas producers in a wide variety of commercial disputes. Although Amy has historically maintained a focus in the energy sector, she has experience representing a diverse array of clients facing allegations ranging from simple breach of contract to securities fraud.
Amy’s dedication to her clients and her creative approach has contributed to a number of noteworthy victories and accolades, including one of Law360’s “Biggest Energy Rulings of 2016” and The Texas Lawbook’s Business Litigation of the Year Award at the 2019 Outstanding Corporate Counsel Awards.
She also has been named to Benchmark Litigation’s “40 & Under Hot List” in Energy and Natural Resources and General Commercial Litigation in each of the past three years and was honored as one of Houston’s Top 50 Women in Law by the Texas Diversity Council in 2017.
Amy is a passionate advocate outside of the office as well. She is a dedicated champion for issues affecting the health of women and children in our community and serves on the Board of the Greater Houston Chapter of the March of Dimes.
Honors & Awards
- Benchmark Litigation – “40 & Under Hot List” Energy and Natural Resources and General Commercial Litigation 2017, 2018, 2019
- Texas Diversity Council – Houston’s Top 50 Women in Law 2017
- State Bar of Texas – Stars of Texas Bars Awards, Feature/General Interest Series 2017
Professional Activities & Memberships
- Houston Bar Association
- Gender Fairness Committee Co-Chair
- Recipient of the President’s Award for Outstanding Service to the HBA 2018-2019
- Oil, Gas & Mineral Law Section Member
- Women’s Energy Network (Elected to Executive Membership 2020)
- Women in Law Empowerment Forum
- Texas Bar Foundation
- Energy Bar Association
- Houston Bar Association
- March of Dimes
- Greater Houston Board of Directors 2019 – Present
- Executive Leadership Team 2018-2019
- Family Network 2017-2018
- March for Babies Team Captain 2017 – Present
- Texas Children’s Newborn Center Family Advisory Committee Member and Texas Children’s Ambassador
- Hydrocephalus Association (Advocate and Family Team Captain 2019)
- The Kinkaid School (Class Correspondent 1998 – Present)
- UVA Club of Houston