News & Insights
NDA Clauses Can Cover More Than Trade Secrets (Webcast)
April 20, 2021
1:00pm – 2:00pm CST
- Live Video Broadcast/Re-Broadcast: Watch Program “live” in real-time, must sign-in and watch program on date and time set above. May ask questions during presentation via chat box. Qualifies for “live” CLE credit.
- On-Demand Video: Access CLE 24/7 via on-demand library and watch program anytime. Qualifies for self-study CLE credit. On-demand versions are made available 5 business days after the original recording date and are view-able for up to one year.
This course is co-hosted by the Federal Bar Association and myLawCLE.
Anyone who deals with contracts is accustomed to seeing confidentiality clauses. Failure to pay attention to details can have major consequences, however, for the scope and enforceability of nondisclosure agreements often turns on their precise wording. In negotiating or litigating confidentiality clauses, it is essential that companies and counsel read the fine print. This program will address the scope of NDAs, including how they are limited by other law — including federal intellectual property law and state law regarding restraints of trade. The panel will also discuss practical considerations for in-house counsel when negotiating or litigating NDAs.
Key topics to be discussed:
- Scope of Nondisclosure Agreements
- Limitations placed on NDAs by Law
- Considerations to Keep in Mind when Negotiating and Litigating NDAs