Mary Kate Raffetto
As a former high school mathematics teacher, Mary Kate Raffetto understands the importance of communicating complex ideas with clarity and precision. Her time in the classroom—combined with her experience as a nationally-recognized competitive public speaker—instilled in her a passion for using storytelling to engage audiences. Now, Mary Kate is excited to use her talents as an educator and orator on behalf of her clients.
Before joining Beck Redden, Mary Kate clerked for the Honorable Xavier Rodriguez of the United States District Court for the Western District of Texas. During her clerkship, she gained valuable insight into federal motion practice and procedure. Mary Kate graduated from The University of Texas School of Law where she served as an Associate Editor of the Texas Law Review and a Teaching Quizmaster for the David J. Beck Center for Legal Research, Writing, and Appellate Advocacy.
Awards and Rankings
San Antonio Independent School District "Rising Star" Teacher of the Year, 2010 – 2011
- Beck Redden Appellate Win in 14th Court of Appeals
- Beck Redden Attorneys in Law360: Houston Bar Assoc. Sues to Shutter 'Fictitious' Law Firm
J.D., The University of Texas School of Law, with Honors, 2015
- Order of the Coif
- Associate Editor, Texas Law Review
- Teaching Quizmaster, David J. Beck Center for Legal Research, Writing, and Appellate Advocacy
- Dean's Achievement Awards: Torts (Fall 2012), Election Law (Spring 2014)
B.S., The University of Texas at Austin, Public Relations, 2008
- UT Speech
State Bar of Texas
United States District Court for the Western District of Texas